2022 CANADA SUMMER GAMES
Team NT invites applications for the volunteer position of Mission Staff for Team NT at the 2022 Canada Summer Games being held August 6-21, 2022 in Niagara, ON.
The responsibilities of Mission Staff are attached. Listed below are the qualifications and qualities we are looking for in potential candidates:
● Volunteer or paid staff with a Territorial Sport/Recreation Association or related organization
● Knowledge of the Northwest Territories amateur sport system
● Enthusiasm and interest for Games and working in a multi-sport environment
● Willingness and ability to commit the time Pre-Games, Post-Games and during Games
● Ability to operate independently and in a team environment
● Willingness to provide excellent service to assigned sports and Team NT
● Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
● High energy, positive attitude and multi-task oriented
● Possession of a valid unrestricted driver’s license
Individuals interested in applying for Team NT Mission Staff are required to:
1. Review the Mission Staff Responsibilities
2. Submit a completed application form
3. Submit a recent Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check, the VSC must have been completed within 6 months of Games (February 1, 2022 or later)
4. Submit 2 reference letters ( from your Territorial Sport Organization, related organization, colleague, or Employer). The 2 letters cannot be from the same organization.
5. Submit a copy of your driver's license, must be submitted by the 1st Mission Staff meeting.
6. Submit proof of approved leave from employer, must be submitted by the 1st Mission Staff meeting.
All applications must be received by
Thursday, March 31, 2022
Any questions please contact:
Team NT Chef de Mission
email@example.com Phone: 867-669-8331
VOLUNTEER MISSION STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Team NT Mission Staff provide the primary link between all components of the Games’ organizational structure and the sports to which they are assigned. Mission Staff are the key contacts for the sports leading up to, during and immediately following the Games. This approach enables Northwest Territories’ athletes, coaches and managers to concentrate on training and the competition at the Games.
● Attend Mission Staff meetings/conference calls (mandatory)
● Become familiar with the structure and organization of Team NT as well as the Canada Games and Team NT rules and guidelines, including eligibility, Code of Conduct, anti- doping procedures, registration, etc.
● Gain clear understanding of the technical package and all regulations affecting your assigned sport(s) involvement in the Game’s including protest procedures
● Provide link between the Team NT’s Management Team and sport coordinator and coaches/managers
● Communicate pertinent Game’s and Team NT information to the sport coordinators and coaches/managers, field questions, provide clarification and assist with issues if they arise
● Assist the Management Team, sport coordinator and coaches/managers with administrative requirements, e.g. registration, media profile forms, travel, etc. and other related duties as needed
At the Games
● Attend coaches/technical meetings and provide updates to the Chef de Mission
● Attend daily Mission Staff meetings
● Attend competitions for assigned sports
● Perform Mission desk duty as assigned
● Support the Team NT e-news, results system and social media program
● Check sport results for accuracy on a regular basis
● Assist coaches/managers with administrative details and communicate to them all matters related to Canada Games policies and procedures
● Assist coaches/managers with protest procedures if required
● Assist with emergency situations and issues to ensure athletes/coaches concentrate on their competition
● Participate in disciplinary procedures where required.
● Attend the respective Games
● Perform any other duties as assigned by Chef de Mission.
● Complete a Mission Staff evaluation
● Follow up on any outstanding matters with the sports resulting from the Games
Submission DEADLINE is March 31, 2022. You must submit your application via the link below. Once you begin the application process you must complete it, as you cannot save it and return to it. Please ensure you have all the required info for the application prior to starting .