The KidSport Community Equipment Grant (CEG) provides grants ranging from $500 to $2,000. The CEG supports community organizations in their efforts to increase participation in sport. The fund will support projects that are intended to increase sustainable, quality participation-based sport programs by helping to offset the cost of sport equipment. This may include new programs or the expansion of existing programs.
Through this project, KidSport NWT hopes to encourage communities/schools to strengthen their physical education curriculum with the purchase of equipment that supports their programming needs. We want to have a positive, long-term influence on young people’s participation in sport and recreation throughout the north.
To be eligible to apply for a NWT KidSport Community Equipment Grant, an applicant must be a:
- Community/sport organization
- Local sport club
Applications must be submitted using the KidSport CEG’s application available online
- Applications will be accepted up to midnight of the deadline date
- All questions MUST be answered or your application will be considered incomplete and therefore ineligible for funding
- Organizations are eligible to receive funding for one grant during the calendar year
- Program must be completed within 12 months of the KidSport Committee’s notification of approval of the grant
- Applicants are encouraged to ask questions at any time throughout the application process
Your program must demonstrate a commitment to:
- Protect and create recreationally important places that inspire participation in sport
- Encourage and enable participation in sport and provide opportunities for children to try new sport activities and/or develop technical or developmental skills
- Ensure ongoing, public access to sport activity areas within reason
The following factors will be considered when evaluating proposals:
- How the funding will be used to improve access to sport for children;
- How the funding will help promote the value and benefit of sport and recreation participation among children and youth;
- How many children will be affected by the equipment that otherwise wouldn’t have had the opportunity to participate;
- Demonstrated need for funding to purchase equipment that cannot be accommodated within current processes and/or budgets;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and replace subsidized equipment in future years to ensure sustainability of physical education programming on a long-term basis;
A community/school cannot receive more than one grant in a calendar year
Preference is given to communities/schools who are first time applicants
HOW TO APPLY
KidSport CEG conducts two grant cycles – spring and fall
Fully complete the online application and email, mail or fax your completed application to KidSport™ NWT
Application deadline: March 15 (midnight)
Applicants notified: Mid-May
Application deadline: September 10 (midnight)
Applicants notified: Mid-November
- Equipment required to operate athletic programs (i.e. balls, nets, sticks, mats, uniforms etc.);
- Shipping costs.
The 2018/19 KidSport™ Community Equipment Grant is sponsored by:
Champions for Children was established in 2006 in an effort to raise awareness and funds for KidSport NWT. Annually the Champions for Children fundraising dinner brings together inspiring athletes and business community to raise funds.
Proceeds from the Champions for Children fundraising dinner are donated to KidSport NWT to support kids from low income families so that they can participate in community sport programs.
All applications must be submitted to:
4908 - 49 Street
Box 11089, Yellowknife, NT X1A 3X7
Fax: (867) 669-8327