McDonald started her career in Arctic Sports early. She was introduced to the skills and techniques by her father. McDonald attended 10 Arctic Winter Games for Arctic Sports from 1988-2006.
After her competition days, McDonald grew the sport of Arctic Sports through the development of a technical training package for Arctic Sports.
McDonald has shared her skills through demonstrations and workshops across Canada, and has contributed to people’s knowledge and exposure to the sport.
- Attended 10 Arctic Winter Games from 1988-2006
- 14 Gold medals, 11 Silver medals and 9 Bronze medals
- In 1990 set the Junior Women’s record in the Alaskan High Kick at the height of 5’8”
- In 1998 set the Open Women’s Alaskan High Kick record at 1.80 meters
- Received the Sport North Mary Beth Miller Memorial Senior Female Athlete of the Year in 1998
- In 2000 set the Open Women’s Triple Jump record at 7.08 meters
- Appointed to the Arctic Winter Games International Committee in 2007
- From 2007-present a director on the Arctic Winter Games International Committee