INTRODUCTION OF THE NATIONAL SPORT TRUST FUND
The National Sport Trust Fund (NSTF) offers the opportunity for sporting groups to develop fundraising programs which target fundraising from private sources; including individuals, corporations and foundations. In cooperation with the Canadian Council of Provincial & Territorial Sport Federations (CCP&TSF), Sport North Federation is pleased to be a partner in the NSTF initiative. This initiative permits Territorial Sport Organizations (TSOs) and their members to establish revenue generation programs for which a charitable tax receipt can be provided for qualifying donations.
- Canadian Council of Provincial & Territorial Sport Federations (CCP&TSF)
- Sport North Federation (SNF)
- Territorial Sport Organizations (TSOs)
The mission of the CCP&TSF is to provide the means for Canada’s Provincial and Territorial Sport Federations to network, enhance their effectiveness and manage the NSTF. The CCP&TSF, of which the Sport North Federation is a member, is recognized by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) – Charities Division under the qualified donees category as a Registered Canadian Amateur Athletics Association – business number 88938 6868 RR0001. One of the functions of the CCP&TSF is to manage a national fundraising initiative for amateur sport, which permits sport organizations, including TSOs and their members, from across Canada to raise funds for specific causes that will promote the development of amateur sport in Canada. As a member of the CCP&TSF Sport North Federation has been authorized to act as the Northwest Territories Branch of the NSTF and as the territorial fund manager for all donations made to amateur sport in the Northwest Territories.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TERRITORIAL SPORT ORGANIZATIONS AND THEIR MEMBER CLUBS TO PARTICIPATE WITH THE NSTF
- Must be a current member of the Sport North Federation;
- Appoint a volunteer and/or paid staff to act as the TSO Fund Administrator to liaise with the Fund Manager;
- Adopt policies and procedures that support the integrity of the NSTF;
- Ensure that all donors are offered appropriate and consistent recognition for their contributions;
- Promote the NSTF in a consistent manner in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Fund; and
- All local clubs and sporting organizations must be current members in good standing with their TSO.
For more information contact: