Cross Country Skiing
Daitch started her cross country skiing career as a young skier in Fort Smith, NT. Through the love of the sport and dedicated coaches, Daitch grew to be one of the top skiers in the Northwest Territories and Canada.
In 1998, Daitch competed at the trails for a chance to represent Canada at the Junior World Championships. She stunned the cross country community by finishing first in the trials – becoming one of two women chosen to compete for Canada at the Championships. This was the start to a glorious cross country career where she saw herself as one of the fastest sprinters in Canada in 2007 and a member of Cross Country Canada’s National Ski Team in 2008.
- Sport North Mary Beth Miller Senior Female Athlete of the Year 2002 – 2008, 2011
- Represented Canada at the 2003 Under 23 World Championships
- Represented Canada at the 22nd Winter University Games in 2005
- 2006-2007 Canadian Sprint Series overall champion
- One of Canada’s two best sprinters in 2007
- Member of the 2007 two-woman sprint relay at the 2007 World Cross-Country Ski Championships in Sapporo, Japan
- Competed for Canada in the 2008 World Cup Tour of six European Countries
- Member of the 2008-2009 Canadian National Cross Country Ski Team
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 2013