Position: Technical Coordinator
Term: May 3, 2021 – September 3, 2021
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Location: Yellowknife, Fort Smith or Hay River
Reports to: Executive Director
The NWT Soccer Association (NWT Soccer), in collaboration with its partners and members, strives to foster positive change in the lives of residents of the Northwest Territories.
NWT Soccer is working to offer sustainable territory-wide programs and services for members to succeed in soccer and futsal.
The Technical Coordinator will work with the Executive Director and partners to provide efficient services to the NWT Soccer membership.
Specifically, the Technical Coordinator is responsible for the organization and delivery of the NWT Soccer Outdoor Summer Camps in Fort Smith and Hay River.
Activities & Duties
1. General Office Administration
• Liaise with member clubs, leagues, sport partners and other community groups as required.
• Respond to phone and email inquiries and forward to the appropriate staff or board member.
• Other tasks required by the Executive Director.
2. Event Coordination
• Organization and delivery of the NWT Soccer Summer Camps in Fort Smith and Hay River.
• Hiring, training, and managing additional camp staff.
• Assist in managing all communication platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Website).
1. Educational Background
• Preference given to recent graduate or currently registered as a full-time student or recent graduate in the following fields: sport and recreation, business, event management, communications or related field.
2. Coach Education
• Holds, at a minimum, a C Licence or willing to obtain.
• At least three (3) years’ experience coaching children under the age of 12.
• Completion of the following online programs:
▪ Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders (Online)
▪ Making Ethical Decisions Evaluation (Online)
▪ Making Headway E-Learning (Soccer Specific)
3. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge and experience in event planning.
• Ability and experience speaking to and facilitating groups.
• Knowledge/experience of social media, website management and creating electronic publications.
4. Proficiency in the use of technology, including but not limited to:
• Office 365
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• Social Media Platforms
5. Additional Requirements
• Satisfactory criminal records check, and vulnerable sector check required with application.
• Standard First Aid Level 1, CPR & AED
Closing Date is Friday March 26, 2021 4:30 PM MST.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: Lyric Sandhals, Executive Director Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted